Software Support Technician - East London
Software Support Technician
Location: East London
Weekly Hours: 37.5 hrs/week (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm)
Proposed Pay: £13,000
We’re in need of an enthusiastic and talented young Software Support Technician to support our small, but growing team.
On completion of this apprenticeship the candidate will have gained valuable knowledge, skills and techniques of software engineering, web development and project management. These skills, knowledge and work experience could then be transferred straight on to the workplace.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writing test scripts and helping to test new features.
- Dealing directly with our customers to resolve their support queries, both verbally and written, in a helpful and professional manner at all times.
- Working alongside with other developers on new projects or existing projects
- Liaise with clients to investigate and produce requirements for a project.
- Create test cases.
- The role will include the creation/run of multiple test cases; tracking/maintaining defects reporting, monitoring/reviewing process.
- You will be expected during your Apprenticeship to clearly articulate scenarios causing software defects; both verbally and written.
- Designing techniques and testing strategies.
- Continuously contributing to the team and development.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
KEY CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- Keen and willing to learn
- Team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can handle pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
- IT Literate
- 5 GCSE’s at grade A* to C
- An understanding of at least one operating system
- Experience working in an office/business environment
- Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one of the following:
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Expenses: Reimbursed expenses, as authorised by line manager
Annual Leave: 20 days plus Bank Holidays
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.