Education & IT Ltd
IT Support Technician
I.T. Support Technician
(with experience in a similar role)
Pay Scale Grade 1-4 (16,000 – 26,000 p.a. dependant on experience)
You will be expected to travel to our clients’ sites to maintain servers, workstations, peripherals, network and records. You will have to demonstrate initiative by being proactive in the development of the clients I.T. infrastructure and providing appropriate and cost effective guidance.
You will need to be technically minded and it is essential that you are comfortable communicating with groups and management. Many of our clients are not completely comfortable with the use of technical jargon. An ability to explain yourself in lay terms is a must.
You must have an ability to pick up skills and familiarise yourself with software quickly; and stay abreast of latest technologies. In particular technologies that are to our clients advantage.
When not with a client, you will be expected to answer and resolve helpdesk calls.
- Install, configure and maintain workstations
- Install, configure and maintain peripherals (e.g. printers, scanners, projector, cameras, etc.)
- Maintain servers
- Check, maintain and test backup solutions
- Check, maintain and update anti virus solutions
- Monitoring event logs
- Monitor network activity
- Set up, maintain and remove user network accounts where appropriate
- Carry out routine network maintenance tasks
- Be familiar with the network infrastructure (cable and patch panels, hubs, switches and routers)
- Maintain switches, hubs, routers and other network devices
- Install, configure and maintain necessary software
- Provide relevant and cost effective advice
- Maintain cordial relationships with customer site liaison and the customers’ users
- Liaise with third party suppliers used by the customer
- Follow written or verbal instruction from third party suppliers
- Assist in the maintenance of records (e.g. inventory, support requests, etc.)
- Maintain company documentation in relation to customer site
- Any other duties stipulated by the company or customer in accordance to role
- 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above
- A Level in Computing, Information Technology, Computer Science or other relevant subject area
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant subject area
The ideal applicant would have at least one year’s experience in an I.T. support role in an appropriate environment.
- Recent CRB desirable
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies
- Maintain focus under high pressure situations
- Have high quality inter-personal skills
- Have sensitivity to the different levels of expertise amongst client users
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- An ability for self directed learning
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.