JOB TITLE: Electrical X 1and Mechanical X 1
REPORTS TO: ACP Day Team Leader
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Day team is a multi-disciplined team responsible across site to improve performance and reliability. Their focus is on the efficient and effective planning and execution of maintenance.
The teams will provide an operational and maintenance service to the site encompassing all aspects of engineering limited only by the competency of the team; this will include work of and with the opposite trade, working alone, working with contract resource and working with production.
- Develop specific skills above basic craftsman level
- Supervise/organise multi-skilled workforce
- Issue permits etc
- Undertake on the job training of craft & process workers
- Short term planning & procurement
- Determine priorities to maximise plant utilisation
- Act as diagnostician on complex plant
- Communicate and respond to Production requests
- Deputise for Team Leader
- Adhere to the two trades agreement and therefore be trained to do burning and welding activities on shifts (mechanically biased technicians)
- Provide cover on shifts
- Use the SAP system to its full capability for maintenance activities
- Undertake training to learn new skills and use any training given
- Carry out repairs and inspections as instructed
- Involvement in plant improvement projects
- Write and review risk assessments, method statements and procedures e.g. JTD's
- Respond to breakdowns under own initiative
- Undertake a hands on role with the Production Team
The team will be ACP multi-functional and flexible. Individuals will be expected to work in all areas and gain a working knowledge of them, using the experience of the local team.
VISION & CONTEXT
The Team Member will be expected to have knowledge of all of the above. They should have a high technical ability, and be adept at problem solving. They should have a Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) mindset, and be able to suggest inspection improvements and failure reduction measures. They should be highly competent with SAP and be able to control the quality of information being entered into the system. The focus of the team will be on building and executing the planned maintenance strategy, including repairs. A key focus will be the early identification and rectification of faults, in order to reduce failures.
Shift Engineers - awareness of plant status/operations/problems
Section Engineers - planning, execution and feedback, and maintenance catalogue improvements
Team Leaders - direction and support
Engineering Day Team - discuss/determine engineering requirements
Shift Team - discuss/determine plant performance
Operators - for accurate diagnosis of faults and to provide with feedback afterwards.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Applicants should have served a recognised Apprenticeship and have a sound knowledge of steel manufacturing processes. A working knowledge of computerised maintenance systems and other applications, which are widely used by the Engineering function, is desirable, but not essential, as training will be given.
It is desirable but not essential that the jobholder will have at least 3 years experience in either a Melting/Casting environment.
It is expected that the successful candidate must hold one of the following qualifications BTEC Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent HND or HNC.
There is positions for days rota including weekends and a 18 shift rota with 12 hours on days and nights
Total in the team is 24