Trainee Smart Metering Installer
Exciting career opportunities in Smart Metering. No experience required, we provide full training
Are you looking for a career within Smart Metering? Do you have a passion for gas and electrical installations? If so, join our training programme which will give you the opportunity to obtain trade qualifications while enjoying a competitive salary and all the benefits of a full time employment.
We are keen to hear from individuals who strive to deliver excellent customer service with good IT literacy skills. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their career or looking for a career change within the gas and electrical industry.
We are offering successful candidates full training and qualifications within the field of Smart Metering, therefore industry experience is not essential.
Locations AvailableAbout the Job
As a Smart Meter installer, you’ll be responsible for fitting gas and electrical Smart Meters in our customer’s homes, completing testing in line with industry standards and codes of practice, and advising customers of the benefits of Smart meters and how their Smart meters will work.
You’ll work independently on a daily basis but will be fully supported by the expertise and knowledge of the specialized field teams that will help you through any challenges you may encounter.Outstanding Training
Reward and Benefits
Whether you are partially qualified or unqualified we will provide you with all the training needed to become a certified Dual Fuel Smart Metering technician.
- Through the training programme you will learn everything about installing, maintaining and repairing electric and gas meters.
- The full training course last about 22 weeks. It takes 14 weeks to complete the Gas certification and 7 weeks to complete the Electrical certification.
- The training it’s a combination of classroom and field practice accompanied by a mentor.
- Depending on your location you may be required to stay away at a residential venue Sun - Thur whilst on the training course. This will be fully paid for by Amey.
- £300 per week while getting trained.
- £26,000 per year (when fully trained) + bonus
- Company van + mobile phone + full PPE
- 22 days of holidays plus the option to buy more
- Company’s pension scheme
- A solid career for years to come!
Smart meters are the next generation of electricity and gas meters. Don’t wait, get trained now and start a solid career with us. It is the smart thing to do!
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.