Muller Wiseman Dairies
Blow Moulding Technicians
We are currently recruiting for a Blow Moulding Production Technician within our Manufacturing department based at our Manchester site. The role will involve operating and maintaining production equipment effectively and efficiently working to our required standards of performance and ensuring that Company standards are met around health & safety, quality, hygiene and housekeeping. The successful candidate will have great attention to detail, be self-motivated, flexible, good communicator, team player, organised and reliable.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Operation of equipment including - Blow Moulders, Extruder and Processing controls, Trimmer, Leak Detector, Bagger/De-Bagger, Stacker, Conveying Systems, Material Handling Room with associated equiptment, Granulator and Blender.
* Full adherence to all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
* Follow all Safe Systems of work.
* Carry out all machine safety checks.
* Adhere to all machine Operating Procedures.
* Record and report all Health and Safety, or Quality Incidents/Accidents.
* Maintain and drive hygiene and housekeeping standards.
* Record all quality incidents and report to Shift Manager.
* Complete all manufacturing quality checks as per Quality Control Plan.
* Complete all relevant manufacturing documentation and Log Books to ensure full compliance to Site Accreditation Standards.
* Follow emergency stop procedures.
* Fault finding using I/O listings on screens.
* Follow correct adjustment procedures.
* General equipment repair.
* Perform all set-ups to required standard for optimum performance.
* Carry out pre and post maintenance operational checks.
* Follow all start-up and shut down procedures.
* Monitor and record machine conditions.
* Support Engineering team with machine maintenance or breakdowns.
* Meet all output requirements as determined by Shift Manager.
* Is customer focused at all times.
* Adapt to changing priorities as determined by customer requirements.
* Assist colleagues with bottlenecks/problem solving.
* Support supply performance.
Key skills & experience:
* 2 years' experience in a busy manufacturing environment.
* Experience of working shifts.
* Problem solving skills.
* Intermediate I.T. skills.
* NC Manufacturing Engineering is desirable.
* NVQ 3 Manufacturing is desirable.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.