METERING CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: Ely, Cambridgeshire
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 0900-1700 Monday to Friday
SALARY: Up to £45,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus site uplifts
Along with producing the highest quality of components, OGM offers front-end consultancy, prototyping, in-house testing and accompanies these services with cutting-edge scientific research. Staffed by a wholly independent team of engineers and scientists, OGM provides products to meet both the current and future needs of the petro-chemical industries.
Oil & Gas Measurement Limited (OGM) and its sister systems company, Oil & Gas Systems Limited (OGS), are both based at our premises in Ely, just north of Cambridge. Oil & Gas Holdings (OGH) is the corporate holding company to both OGS and OGM, which also has other associated companies in the oil and gas industry worldwide.
We are seeking an experienced Metering Calibration Technician to be the focal point for all flow meter calibrations (Ultrasonic Flow Meters & Helical Turbine Flow Meters) and troubleshooting/field commissioning for offshore, overseas and UK based sites, alongside assembly and testing of meters at our facility based in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
Main duties include:
· Setting up meters manufactured in-house, utilising bespoke DFX software, installation of Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) software on client systems
· Organising visits to calibration facilities and customer installations, and managing the day-to-day activities and own workload of the planned calibration programme according to production schedules
· Setting up calibration sequences, methods and procedures according to detailed specifications
· Review and gather detailed field performance data information then generating clear and comprehensive reports in order to communicate with Engineering, R&D, Metering experts within the organisation
· Writing Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Work Scopes (including installation and commissioning) and Schedules for specific customer sites and calibration facility calibrations
· Attend site meetings and surveys, and liaise with customers to ensure smooth running of installation and commissioning of meters in the field
· Assist the Site Services Manager in ensuring the delivery of field services support objectives throughout the organisation are met
· Provide technical support, guidance and advice to colleagues and customers as appropriate
· Help ensure all standards and levels of quality are maintained to the highest degree
· Develop new procedures and assess current procedures, improve processes and procedures relating to flow metering where necessary
· Evaluate and resolve calibrating and troubleshooting problems
· Adhere to individual and team performance objectives
· Work in close relationship with internal organisational metering experts.
Candidates applying will have previous experience within the oil and gas industry, a good understanding of calibration principles and processes. This role will require someone who can balance multiple projects/orders, preferably with previous offshore experience.
Other required skills include:
· Technical communication skills
· A Willingness to travel (worldwide)
· Instrument/electrical experience
· Oil & gas metering experience
· Flow computer experience an advance
· IT literacy
· Ability to analyse & report information
· Ability to read and understand electrical and instrumentation engineering drawings
· A willingness to learn & able to make decisions
· Workshop assembly skills
· Fault-finding abilities and a hands-on attitude.
We offer a modern, completely refurbished and spacious working environment with free staff parking, within walking distance to Ely rail station. Other benefits include 25 days annual leave (in addition to Bank Holidays), Contributory Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme and optional healthcare.
To apply, please submit CV and covering letter to Shara Hayes, Office Manager, by email.
***SORRY, NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process (i.e. visa, EU passport, residency permit etc.)