Role: Research Analyst Technology
Salary: up to £35,000 depending on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Corporate Functions and you will become part of a diverse team which offers the essential expertise that enables all of our employees to deliver high performance to our clients. Our Corporate Functions professionals work in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing and Communications, CIO, Information Security, and Geographic Services.
Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Accenture Research is a global, award-winning team providing insights and analysis to Accenture and its clients throughout the world. Joining Accenture Research translates into continual opportunities to expand on what you can do. Our researchers come together with a wide variety of skills and backgrounds to create talented teams of problem-solvers. We hope you’ll want to join us!
We have more than 250 researchers in our global team. Most specialize in an Industry (such as Retail) or a Business (such as Technology or Digital); some bring a particular research skill (such as survey research or financial analysis) and many combine two or more areas of expertise. On any given project we will bring together researchers with the best combination of industry, geographic and technical skills to provide the relevant expertise for the particular task.
The role we are looking to fill is Technology Research Analyst
This role is in our global Technology business research team which is comprised of 11 researchers, based in the main Accenture locations across the world. As a Technology Research Analyst, the candidate will be helping to deliver new and inspiring research to a diverse set of internal customers worldwide. Research requests will be a mix of global and local projects, both for Accenture, internally, and directly for Accenture clients. On any given day, you will support research needs relevant to core technology themes (e.g. SaaS applications, agile delivery, automation) and strategic growth initiatives (e.g. AR/VR, artificial intelligence, etc.), and competitor research and/or ecosystem trends. Increasingly, you will more and more support research requests into new and emerging areas such as AI, blockchain, quantum computing or Internet of Things, among others.
The chosen candidate will:
· Perform secondary research focusing on New IT topics utilizing a number of sources, internal and external, including web-based, and online databases.
· Assist with supporting technology research needs in new IT areas, including cloud first applications, new IT architecture, automation, agile delivery, DevOps, Artificial Intelligence, blockchain, RPA and others.
· Develop a deep knowledge of major technology segments of Accenture’s Technology offerings and business, and the market in which Accenture competes (types of work, segment trends, competitors, solution vendors, etc.) as well as deep understanding of relevant specialty sources.
· Retrieve, synthesize, package and present secondary research findings according to the needs of the customer.
· Actively participate in general Accenture Research responsibilities e.g. participating in Accenture Research workgroups at local, regional or global level etc. In particular, participating in the global Technology Research team’s activities.
Skills and experience
· Experience in generic secondary research and information retrieval methods and techniques
· Ability to quickly grasp complex and unfamiliar subjects
· Knowledge of one or more segments within the Technology space. By “knowledge” of one sector we mean understanding of some major segment trends, competitors, technology, etc.
· Experience of research or advisory on the IT Services market a plus
· Experience of research on Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, IBM, and Salesforce a plus
· Good written and oral communications skills, including the ability to understand and define clearly the research requirements and expectations of the customer
· Good MS Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus
· Ability to work independently while also communicating status updates on work progress
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
· Ability to deliver template-driven standardized research (consistent formatting, processes, research approach)
· Enthusiasm to work effectively in global, multi-cultural, multi-time zone team (Europe, LATAM, South Africa, India, China and US.)
· Strong professional qualities: client focus, decisiveness, integrity, resilience to stress against stretch goals, deadlines.
· Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal with critical situations to the benefit of the team.
· Good balance between analytical rigor and intellectual curiosity. Track record in interpreting data creatively and delivering impactful insights (e.g., going beyond the “what” of a research inquiry – into the “so what” and “now what”)
What to expect
Accenture is a company of about 401,000 employees working with clients in over 120 countries and your first weeks will be spent getting to know the organization. Building an effective working relationship with other researchers in the Technology practice in Accenture is critical so your early days will involve many meetings and lots of networking.
At the same time, you’ll be getting to know the other researchers in the local team and establishing a relationship with them. As you become more familiar with Accenture you can expect to start work on one or more projects. There is no typical day or project at Accenture Research but you might start by working on an analysis of one of our clients or potential clients, developing industry trends or being part of an international study on technology issues impacting a range of client industries.
Over time you will find a varied project load develops and that you may be working on between two and four projects at any given time, of different durations and scope. Your success in developing and handling such projects will depend on a good working relationship with the other Technology researchers worldwide.
The Technology team operates mainly on a virtual basis but have regular calls and sometimes the opportunity to “meet” via video conference. Every few years, the Technology team get together for a global meeting and have the chance to spend some time face to face with our international colleagues. Otherwise the local team in London meets regularly and you will be part of this active and growing Research community.
All our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training. You will have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in innovative research offerings (such as economic value modeling, data visualization, text analytics, etc.) as well as other business areas.
Accenture Research is genuinely a great place to work. There will be times when you work long and hard but we put life/work balance very high on our agenda. In addition, as part of a global team, we seek to maintain flexibility in our work style. This is a unique opportunity to work for a highly skilled, respected and growing global Research team, particular to only a few consultancies worldwide.
· Reports to: Technology Research Manager
· Supervises/Line Manages: Not Applicable
· External Relationships: Awareness of external Subject Matter Experts, information providers/brokers/sources is required, and membership in a professional society would be a plus.
· Qualifications: Education: Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science or Telecommunications Engineering. A post-graduate degree/qualification is also a plus.
· Work Experience:
- Business research experience, preferably in a consulting environment, equity brokerage, tech start up, communications provider or high tech industry, or demonstrated equivalent skill.
- Working experience in a team of research professionals
- Working with senior executive customers, who are the high end users of the research output.
- Understanding of technology issues and topics and also of business issues generally and economics issues at large.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Corporate Functions professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 20/10/2017
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.