British Sugar plc
Take down date: 20th October 2017
Location: UK-NFK-Cantley, Norwich
Hiring Manager:Martin Lambon
Grade:Grade 5 (£29,717)
Main Scope of Role
The role involves operating all processing related plant within an operational area of the factory in a manner that satisfies production, quality, safety and all other compliance requirements.
Key Results Areas
- Competent to analyse factory area performance data and recommend appropriate remedial action to ensure achievement of budget throughput, energy, extraction, process chemical usage and product quality.
- Carry out minor engineering based repairs on plant and equipment as appropriate and skilled to do.
- During maintenance periods, undertake maintenance activities as well as planning, testing and commissioning plant in readiness for operations.
- Operate the plant in a safe and compliant manner during start up, shut down, normal and abnormal operations.
- Engage in continuous improvement activities to support the incremental development of processing efficiency, cost control and safety & environmental improvement.
- Competent to receive a range of permits to work.
- Demonstrate the highest personal health and safety standards at all times and work effectively with other team members to carry out the tasks safely and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Desired
- IOSH Working Safely
- Comprehensive technical knowledge gained through large scale, complex operational factory experience.
- Understanding of hazards and controls associated with a complex industrial environment and producing food and feed.
- Understanding of technical accounting
- Extensive working knowledge of the sugar process or similar industry
- A proven track record of effective technical problem solving, fault diagnosis and continuous improvement.
- Experience of working in a operational team of varying disciplines and skill levels.
- Good communication ability across all levels of the site, across sites and between all functions.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work as an individual and with groups.
- Ability to effectively balance urgent and important tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate practical hands on skills, competence and knowledge of the sugar manufacturing process.
- High degree of credibility and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the factory and the operations function of the business
- Demonstrate passion to inspire everyone to do their best, pulls people successfully through critical situations.
- Commitment to maintaining the Health & Safety for self and others.
Apply for this Job
If you are interested in applying for this role, please either post or e-mail your CV with a covering letter, to Sue Morris, HR/L&D Co-ordinator at British Sugar plc, Cantley Sugar Factory, Norwich, NR13 3ST
Closing Date: 20/10/2017
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.