VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER:
48 CESVA17 RPA 044025
26 October 2017
Computer Technician (Workgroup Manager)
Full time 37.50
Benefits include paid annual and sick leave and opportunity to join Group Stakeholder Pension Scheme. For additional information contact the LNDH team on 01638 544955
You will serve as the focal point in the organization as the workgroup manager providing computer related assistance and support to organizational users. You will perform a wide variety of record keeping, updating existing program NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator Web Console, reporting, and information duties in support of the organization’s programs, functions, and projects as well as Computer Security duties.
1. Knowledge of the fundamental capabilities and limitations of a variety of computers, computer network systems, and programs, as well as computer-related software and hardware in order to test, install, upgrade, configure, diagnose, and maintain proper functionality.
2. Knowledge of network security environment, network configuration, standard network operating system service and support sharing and security resources involving technical program applications used within the organization.
3. Knowledge of electronic mail, and website design to maintain and update existing systems.
4. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, graphs and E-mail/messaging.
5. Comptia Sec+ qualification essential.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS:
1. May be assigned other duties that are appropriate to the grade and skill set of the incumbent.
2. Information Assurance Certification is a condition of employment. This position includes information assurance (IA) work as a paramount duty requirement. Per DoD 8570.01-M, the incumbent of this position must achieve the appropriate IA certification within 6 months of assignment of these duties. A waiver of this 6 months requirement may be granted per DoD 8570.01-M, C188.8.131.52 or C3.4.3. Failure to receive the proper IA certification may result in removal from this position.
Defence Barring Service (DBS ) certificate
Education or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for all required experience.
HOURS OF DUTY:
Monday – Friday 0800-1630 hours
WHO CAN APPLY:
Citizens of the U.K., Nationals of European Community (EC) Countries, and Commonwealth Citizens, other Foreign Nationals, and Stateless persons provided no restrictions have been imposed as a condition of continued residency in the UK.
Applicants will need to submit necessary documents with the application form to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
This position may have certain restrictions to US citizensdue to the SOFA agreement. For additional information contact the LNDH team on 01638 544955
How to apply:
Interested candidates must complete an application form obtainable from the Civilian Personnel Webpage: . All applications, with relevant attachments and/or CV/Resume must be submitted via email:
Proof of identification in the form of a photo ID will be required, for example a Driving license or current passport. All successful applicants will require a security clearance. Please note Pre-appointment Security Clearance requirements may delay start date.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
There will be no discrimination in employment practices based on gender, age, marital status, disability, race, nationality, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation, being or not being a member of a trade union.