Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship Level 2 - Huncoat Pharmacy (open to all ages)
Type of Apprenticeship
Pharmacy assistant working in a busy local pharmacy, responsible for providing exceptional customer focused service, counter assistance, appropriate health counselling, labelling, dispensing, medications, receiving and maintaining stock etc.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
· Sale of over the counter medicines and the provision of information to customers on symptoms and products
· Prescription receipt and collection
· The assembly of prescribed items (including the generation of labels)
· Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
· The supply of pharmaceutical stock
· General help with the day to day running of the business
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POST:
· Provide a professional, prompt, friendly and efficient service for all patients.
· Deal with incoming telephone calls and faxes.
· Ensure efficiency of stock control, date rotation and re-ordering supplies as directed by the Pharmacist.
· Process prescriptions and produce labels
· Follow company procedures in ensuring safe and accountable dispensing of drugs.
· Ensure the correct procedure is followed with regard to receipt of monies, i.e. cashing up, management of change etc.
· Provide advice to customers on symptoms and products.
· Selling over the counter medication to patients.
· Maintaning a clean and tidy working environment
· Assisting with the disposal of waste medication
Confidentially is essential with a methodical, organised, calm approach and a high level of concentration and excellent attention to detail Is required.
· Welcoming customers in a friendly and supportive manner
· Must be customer focused with a friendly and polite disposition
· Communicate appropriately with customers who may be fearful, vulnerable, are aggressive or have special needs I.e physical and learning disabilities
· Deal efficiently with enquiries from customers, staff and other healthcare professionals
· Liaise with senior staff to ensure all operational information is available
Personal Qualities Required
The ideal candidate will need to show patience, empathy, be approachable, friendly, discreet and tactful. Confidentially is essential. A methodical, organized and calm approach will be extremely helpful in this role as well as a high level of concentration and attention to detail.
They must be:
· Able to work on own initiative with guidelines
· Able to work as part of a team
· Able to display good communication skills
· Approachable, willing and friendly
· Able to follow instructions
· Able to be flexible
· Customer focused with friendly and polite disposition
A good level of education is required
English and Maths GCSE grade A-C are desirable or a willingness to work towards achieving these grades.
Number of Vacancies
Hourly Rate: 16 – 18 - £4.05 18 – 20 - £5 21 – £6
Working hours per week
Minimum 30 hours per week
Upon successful completion we like to promote our apprentices to full time qualified positions with opportunities for continual professional development.
Weekend or shift work may be involved due to pharmacy opening times.
How to apply
- · Click the apply button, this will redirect you to the Preston’s college website to complete your application
- · Once submitted an advisor will be in touch to discuss the next stage of your application
· If you do not hold qualifications in Maths and English you will be required to attain these alongside your apprenticeship.
· You may be eligible for financial support with in work benefits. Please speak to your work coach and complete a better off calculation.
You will be required to attend college one day per week for the duration of your apprenticeship.
St Vincent’s Road
NVQ L2 in Pharmacy Services