Kingston Health Hull
Medical Practice Administrator
Kingston Health (Hull) - JOB TITLE: Medical Practice Administrator
We are a large practice based in Hull with two branches, we have a friendly, supportive and fantastic team and due to an increase in workload a vacancy has arisen for an experienced data inputter/administrator within our business. The hours will be approximately 25 per week over five days. Experience is preferred but training can be given for the right applicant.
To undertake administrative duties to assist the clinical and administrative staff in their service to patients.
- To work independently and alone dealing with confidential issues. To respond and prioritise immediate requests from management, clinical staff and other outside agencies.
- Input information, on the clinical system, clearly and accurately.
- To review paper medical notes and entering relevant information into the patient’s computerised clinical record by way of a recognised read code or summarising
- Work from Clinical documents and code information
- Pay particular attention to read codes required for QOF and enter data accordingly.
- To keep an inventory and order stock.
- To be adaptable in a constantly changing environment, actively participating in the decisions taken where asked. To undertake any other duties that may be reasonably requested of the post holder to help the department run smoothly.
This job description is not a complete list of duties, but is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken. It will vary over time as demands and priorities within the NHS change. Significant changes in the range of work undertaken will be made only after discussion with the post holder.
Abilities & Aptitudes:
- Ability to handle telephone enquiries in a professional and caring manner
- In communication, ability to assess any given situation and to respond in the appropriate manner, with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
- Ability to organise and prioritise work, and to adhere to deadlines and targets
- Ability to handle information securely and confidentially
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative dealing with confidential issues
- Able to work efficiently and with a great degree of accuracy
Knowledge & Experience:
· Good general education with demonstrable ability in Mathematics and English Language desirable
· Experience of maintaining and manipulating and entering computerised and/or paper based data/information accurately and quickly
- Experience of working in a GP Practice or NHS environment
- Driving Licence - May be required to work from other sites when requested
- Flexibility in relation to working hours
· Able to vary shifts worked to cover annual leave, holiday or other requests from management
Please apply via email or in writing to the Business Manager, Kingston Health, Wheeler Street, Hull, HU3 5QE
Email address for application (which must include a covering letter and CV): Claire.email@example.com
We regret that due to the high volume of applicants we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants. Applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check and have two (current and previous)employment references along with photographic ID and proof of address. We are an equal opportunities employer. A comprehensive training programme will be available. Thank you for your interest in Kingston Health.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.