Are you an inspiring Sociology Teacher able to deliver exceptional teaching and learning in a subject you are passionate about?
Principal Resourcing are seeking to appoint an experienced Sociology Teacher at a sixth form college in Hull, City of Culture 2017 to cover a maternity placement for a popular and oversubscribed course in A Level Sociology. The School is situated in the heart of Hull, City of Culture 2017 and students attend from a large catchment area.
This is a full time position and the post is due to start January 2018 until the end of the academic year. The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the planning, teaching and assessment involved with this role.
What you will require:
· Relevant qualifications (Teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert. Ed etc.) or equivalent
· Evidence of good classroom control
· A track record of demonstrating a strong ability to teach, plan and prepare lessons to Ofsted standards
· A strong and creative approach to teaching and raising attainment
· A commitment to develop the personalities, talents and abilities of all students
· A confident and positive approach to working with children
· The ability to be a proactive team member, committed to raising standards and achievement
· An enthusiasm to learn and develop professionally
· A passion for education within your subject
· A willingness and enthusiasm to commit to the expectations of the role and desire to contribute to extra-curricular responsibilities
· NQTs are very welcome to apply
· A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing
What we offer:
· Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority
· An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available
· A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment
· Rewarding and competitive rates of pay
· A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice
· ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus
· A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance
90% of your local Secondary Schools, Academies and Colleges in Hull and East Riding choose Principal Resourcing, whose Head Office is based in the centre of the 2017 City of Culture as their preferred supplier and first port of call for day to day and long term placements. 65% of those are signed in to preferred supplier agreements due to our continued service and quality of teaching staffwith other Schools, Academies and Colleges signing every month.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.