Attribute Integration Leader
HORIBA MIRA is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding. Our suite of 37 major test facilities, 100km of specialised proving ground and wealth of engineering experience, combined with our expanding international presence, means we are confident that we can achieve our vision – that by 2025 every journey in the world will be positively influenced by us.
Progress towards achieving our vision has been significantly accelerated through the creation of MIRA Technology Park, Europe’s largest transport technology R&D cluster. By applying our advanced engineering, test and validation capabilities to our customers’ challenging programmes, we are already shaping journeys of the future
Title of Job:
Attribute Integration Leader
Mechanical Engineering 0432
Engineering Attributes Manager
6 (4x Senior Engineer, 1x Senior Technician + 1x PhD Candidate)
Main Purpose of Job
The Attribute Integration Leader will be responsible for leading a highly dynamic and diverse team of experience engineers covering areas including Ergonomics, Quality, Vehicle Integration and Marketability.
The main purpose of the role is to maintain and more importantly develop both the capabilities and the commercial performance of the team. This will require the implementation of new processes of both technical and operational merit as well as managing and contributing to projects as part of the engineering team.
The Attribute Integration team have the critical responsibility of supporting the other HORIBA MIRA Engineering Attributes such as Durability, Dynamics, Braking and NVH with extended resource management, proposal generation and test planning activities.
In addition to managing, recruiting and delegating to a direct team of highly experienced engineers, additional activities will see secondary co-ordination of a large team of skilled vehicle technicians along with technical supervision of academic partners.
Proven delivery of vehicle test and development projects, working to product development processes, effective team leadership and proposal generation are vital.
- Engineering resource management and planning
- Technician/workshop resource management support
- Support of relevant Test and Engineering product groups through consultation, lead review management, proposal generation and regular customer liaison
- Development and implementation of new processes and procedures to promote safer and more cost effective working
- Engineering project management
- DVP creation and contribution input
- Vehicle subjective appraisals and benchmarking
- Target setting and test planning activities
- Degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or similar)
- Have worked in a vehicle development environment for 5+ years
- Extensive whole vehicle knowledge
- Extensive subjective and objective vehicle level test experience
- Test planning
- Cross functional engineering/test project management and delivery
- Engineering team leadership
- DVP & FMEA experience
- Excellent team management skills
- Proven communication skills
- Experience in dealing with customers at all organisation levels
- Confident presentation skills
- Problem solving and resolution experience
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience in use of MS Project
- Experience working within typical PCD processes
- Utilisation of industry requirement/issues/change management tools (e.g. DOORS, AIMS, Redmine)
- Exposure to global working environments
- Cost estimation, proposal and quotation generation
What is the candidate likely to be doing now?
- Senior role in vehicle engineering/development environment, within an engineering consultancy, vehicle OEM or Tier 1 environment.
The diverse range of activities covered by the Attribute Integration team mean that there may be a requirement for short term travel both domestically and internationally as part of this role.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.