Job Description:ICT Technician
Responsible to:Head of Technical Support & Assistant Head (ICT)
Primary Responsibility:To manage alltechnical and operational requirements on behalf of the ICT Department for the whole school.
The main responsibilities include:
- Provide ICT support for the whole school, supporting lessons, teaching and learning and administration.
- Support of IT, business and administration systems
- Record accurately and prioritise IT support requests, progress and outcomes in the Helpdesk system
- Maintain accurate system documentation, register of hardware, software and licences.
- Install, maintain and upgrade a wide range of IT equipment and software adhering to licensing regulations
- Act as AV Support for external events that occur outside of the Bushell Hall & Music School
- Monitor and implement the efficient organisation of the work and storage areas and to ensure the cleanliness, safety and security of these areas.
- Monitor and maintain IT consumable stock to ensure adequate supplies are available in a timely and cost effective manner ensuring best value at all times.
- Be responsible for your continuing professional development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- Monitor, report and administer the use of the internet, web filtering solutions and other online systems within the school.
- Answering telephone, email and face to face enquiries
- Assist with carrying out scheduled and planned termly projects.
- Assist in providing a purposeful, effective and supportive environment for learning.
- Support the aims of the school.
- Support all members of the school community with respect and consideration.
- Set a good example to pupils in terms of appropriate dress, standards of punctuality and attendance.
- Take responsibility for professional development, participating in staff training including INSET days where required, and the school’s CPD and Professional Development procedures.
- Participate in the management of the school by attending meetings as required.
- Adhere to the Health & Safety Policy.
The Job Description is subject to:
- Other reasonable requests by negotiation with the Bursar, Headmaster and line manager.
- Annual Review
Responsibility for Decision Making
Although the post holder will work within an established framework there will be a need for some decision making.
Directly responsible to the Head of Technical Support, the post holder will be expected to use his/her own initiative.
This is a post which will involve the post holder in the administration and day to day management of the ICT within School. An eye for detail is essential. The post holder will be expected to make a significant contribution to the post within a busy working environment.
The person will be expected to work a standard 37.5 hour week, although the job will involve occasional evening event support. Time off in lieu will be granted on such occasions.
Qualifications/ Professional Bodies
- Good general level of education. A-levels or equivalent, with GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MTA, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE)
- Apple Certifications
- CompTIA Certifications
- Previous experience of working in anIT support role.
- Experience of sound engineering
- Experience of network administration duties
- Experience of supporting Microsoft technologies
- Working in an educational environment
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating Systems including Server 2016, Windows 10 & 7
- Willingness to keep up to date with evolving technologies.
- Office 365
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- SAN Technologies
- Audio/Visual skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Pro-active & willing learner.
- Sound problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to see a job through to completion.
- Team player prepared to work to achieve results.
- Suitability to work with children.