Design and Technology Technician
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY TECHNICIAN
44 TWELVETREES CRESCENT, BOW, LONDON, E3 3QW
T: 020 7536 5525 F: 020 7987 4504
Working within a Design and Technology workshop environment
Working with young people
Able to plan and use own initiative
Excellent communication skills with children and adults
High quality organisational skills
Flexibility and the ability to work as part of and contribute to the team
High level interpersonal skills
Other specific requirements
Commitment to the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy and acceptance of responsibility for its practical application
The ability to be flexible in relation to working hours as required
A knowledge of working practice in the education sector and/or schools
THE POST IS SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL BE SUBJECT TO RELEVANT VETTING CHECKS BEFORE AN OFFER OF APPOINTMENT IS CONFIRMED AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO RECHECKING AS APPROPRIATE
Design & Technology Technician
To support the Design Technology Department by preparing materials for and during lessons
2i/c Art, Design and Technology
Resources responsible for:
Department tools and equipment
35 hrs per week, term time plus 5 days
Scale 3, £17,840 to £19,087 per annum (actual salaryinc.London Weighting)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively promote and assist with the compliance of the school’s health and safety policies and safe working practices etc. as they apply to the DT department.
- Ensuring general maintenance and good order of all facilities. Checking and maintaining all machinery, tools, components and accessories, including determining maintenance schedules and keeping appropriate records. Arranging for maintenance where necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of curriculum materials throughout the departments. Preparing, setting up and checking equipment, machinery and apparatus for teaching purposes in all areas of the departments.
- Meeting the technical needs of the school concerning public examinations/assessments, including the supply and preparation of materials and construction of specialist items.
- Devising, developing and producing teaching aids for the departments in consultation with the teaching staff.
Other Specific Duties
- Provide technical advice and support in lessons and assistance to departments.
- Participating in the selection of new items of equipment. Recommending specifications where possible.
- Receiving deliveries.
- Setting up and operating systems for stock control including appropriate storage systems for departmental resources.
- Participating in the development of departmental technical facilities.
- Maintaining satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to the technical service to the departments.
- Liaison as appropriate with other departments within the school, with other establishments and with appropriate sections of the LA.
- To be a first aider
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Employees are expected to be courteous to colleagues and provide a welcoming environment to visitors and telephone callers.
The school will endeavour to make any necessary reasonable adjustments to the job and the working environment to enable access to employment opportunities for disabled job applicants or continued employment for any employee who develops a disabling condition.
The postholder will be required to demonstrate a continual positive commitment to the school’s policies including those relating to safeguarding children, health & safety, and equal opportunities.
This job description is current at the date shown, but in consultation with you, may be changed by the head teacher to reflect or anticipate changes to the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.