About CB Payments Ltd
CB Payments Ltd is a digital asset broker which hosts a secure online platform for buying, selling, transferring and storing digital currency. Its head office Coinbase (headquartered in San Francisco, California) is the world’s most popular way to buy and sell bitcoin, Ethereum and litecoin.
CB Payments Ltd is currently looking for a GDAX Sr Financial Software Engineer to join their London based team in the UK.
In the role of a Senior Financial Software Engineer you will be responsible for the operation and build out of our proprietary trading technologies.
Main duties and responsibilities of the job
In this role you will
· help us devise new strategies and algorithms for hedging our positions in the cryptocurrency markets;
· write and manage code for improving liquidity whilst reducing overall risk;
· build automated trading programs that act on the markets on behalf of either the company or our clients;
· mange other engineers; and
· monitor and improve performance of systems and services.
You need to have prior experience with automated trading systems and execution venues, a good understanding of markets in general and a strong mathematical background. Our stack consists of a universe of micro-services written in Java, Node and TypeScript, backed by a large PostgreSQL cluster. Experience with those stacks is a must as is the ability to individually design, ship and integrate new micro-services.
Skills and experience needed:
· · Bachelors or Masters degree in a scientific field
· · 4 years of experience in Software Engineering
· Fluency with automated trading systems and execution venues
· good understanding of markets and trading in general
· strong mathematical background
· proficiency with our technology stacks including those written in Java, Node and TypeScript and backed by a large PostgreSQL cluster;
· and ability to individually design, ship and integrate new micro-services within such stacks.
Skills and experience preferred:
· experience in algorithmic trading; and
· experience in high-frequency trading.
Minimum, bachelors degree in a scientific field
Applications to be sent to:
Closing date for applications is 13 December 2017