Our technology teams are responsible for the bank’s entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank’s business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank’s IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered – but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Job title: Specialist Software Development Engineer
Corporate title: Assistant Vice President
Opening date: 14/11/2017
Closing date: 12/12/2017
You will be a specialist Software Development Engineer, who will be partnering with the global rates business to define and manage the strategic technology roadmap for debt inventory management.
Your responsibilities will include regional business analysis and expectation management, solution architecture definition and supervision of deliveries in accordance with the solution architecture.
· Leading the evolvement of rates front office inventory management platform
· Developing custom front-office strategies to computerise inventory planning and integrating into existing pricing, Execution Management System (EMS) & Order Management System (OMS) platforms
· Formulating and executing an architectural roadmap focused on technology consolidation while providing business process efficiency
· Defining development standards and providing technical leadership to Developers located within near-shore and remote development centers
· Defining improvements to existing Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process and tooling
· Contributing to Level 2 support including problem and root cause analysis
· Ensuring adequate and accurate documentation at various stages of work, in accordance with the SDLC documentation requirements
Skills & Qualifications:
· Very strong architectural design skills
· Proven track record of introducing architectural change
· Expert level object orientated design skills demonstrable in Java
· Experience with level low-latency messaging technology: LBM, Solace and Tibco
· Strong Structured Query Language (SQL) skills and database knowledge, preferably Oracle
· Knowledge of User Interface (UI) design patterns: including MVVM
· Proven track record of a delivery in front office capacity supporting money market and funding products (repo)
· Experience of leading a business development center with close working relationships with near-shore and remote development centers
· Experience with project management and reporting
· Strong analytical skills
· Very strong knowledge of financial markets, products, pricing and execution
· Experience working in a Front Office (FO) trading environment
· A good presenter with solid written and verbal communication skills
· Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent qualification / work experience
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.