Senior IT Help Desk Technician
To help the BCHA group maintain effective delivery of Customer Service through personal interaction and the support of reliable IT and telephony systems, in line with Service Level Agreements and the IT Strategy. To work with in the IT Helpdesk and act as the 2nd line escalation point. The Senior IT Service Desk Technician will also be IT’s key field support person to travel to BCHA Group Locations when updates or onsite support are required.
This is a fantastic opportunity and exciting time to be joining BCHA, as we are proud to be celebrating our 50-year Anniversary in 2018. We have also recently published our new Business Plan to 2022 with the Vision - Working Together: Building Better Lives, Better Homes, Better Communities.
Senior IT Service Desk Technician
- Familiarise yourself and understand the IT systems and software with in BCHA to support staff effectively.
- Responsible for BCHA asset IT management system and ensuring the records are up to date.
- Responsible for site IT support visits across BCHA’s group Locations keeping site documentation up to date.
- Responsible for BCHA Windows server’s 2nd line support and update path.
- Responsible for second-line technical support as needed, which may require site visits. Diagnosing and, where possible, resolving system faults (hardware and software), correcting user errors and filling in gaps in users’ knowledge.
- Promote and assist the use of technology within BCHA.
- Work within the IT Team to maintain the integrity, security and confidentiality of the group’s IT systems in line with the group’s Data Protection responsibilities and additional internal policies.
- Share in the day-to-day management of the corporate network including, but not exclusive to: creation, updating and deletion of user accounts, maintenance of server operating systems.
- Assist in the development and leading of internal training courses to strengthen the IT skills of staff within the organisation. Recommend to the ICT Manager and HR staff any external training courses as appropriate for individuals or specific groups.
- Work with colleagues and managers to deliver against our Business Plans
- Actively engage in learning opportunities; identify better and more efficient ways of doing things
- To be on call for out of hours services 1-2 weeks each month
- Proactively help the service to achieve its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Responsible for monitor all IT support Tickets and ensuring that tickets dealt with in an agreed period.
- Effective IT solution problem solving and documenting procedures.
- Promote the values and vision of BCHA and its subsidiaries in a responsible and positive way on all occasions.
- Observe and comply with BCHA policies and procedures for Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, Equal opportunities, Diversity & Equality, Customer Care and Service User involvement and participation
- Be familiar with and fully compliant with all localised safeguarding requirements and BCHA’s Safeguarding Policy and protocols
- Work at all times to ensure delivery of excellent customer service.
- Additional duties that may be requested from time to time by the IT Manager, Assistant Director of Finance & IT
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.