T&VS - SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Overall Job Purpose:
To providesoftware development test engineering expertise on a variety of project(s) for our clients. Deliver the latest automation frameworks and the ability to write code, all with a high standard of testing knowledge / QA best practice.
Main Responsibilities and Opportunities:
- SDET role on several deployments, at client sites
- Technical testing expertise on variety of projects, utilising understanding of IT architecture and implementation of automation frameworks
- Ability to write code
- Compiling and agreeing detailedtest plans and test scripts.
- Co-ordination of test activities with other Test Agencies (where applicable).
- Raising and tracking issues/defects in accordance with the clients process and procedures.
• At least 3 years+ experience of SDET delivery
• Good knowledge of at least one programming language, ideally C++ (perhaps a previous role as a developer would be ideal!)
• Experience of languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, SQL.
• Experience in tools such as jBehave, jUnit, Cucumber, Specflow, jMeter, Gatling, Appium, Calabash, Jenkins, TeamCity, Jira and Confluence
• Experience of application program interface (API)-based web service testing
• Ability to work in an agile / DevOps environment
• Working knowledge of open source automation:Selenium / Java / Python / Groovy.
• Root cause analysis of defects and impact analysis of code change
• Automation of test cases by implementing automation frameworks
• Technical understanding of Software development paradigms and Software Life Cycles
• Has some experience performance testing using a tool such as JMeter.
• Comfortable with JIRA
• Some exposure to testing mobile apps for Android and IOS.
• Working knowledge of HP ALM or quality centre.
• Clear and effective communication skills at all levels.
• Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Electronics, Computing, Telecommunications.
• Minimum ISTQB/ISEB Foundation level certification
• A level of UK security clearance would be advantageous.