Darchem Engineering Ltd
Sheet Metal Worker/Welder (Temporary)
Manufactures quality products in line with company and customer requirements, following agreed protocol and procedures, within agreed timescales. Educated to NVQ Level 3 in Fabrication and Welding, time service apprenticeship.Key duties and responsibilities
- Read and interpret drawings or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling and installing sheet metal products.
- Select gauge and type of sheet metal such as stainless steel, mild steel, aluminium, titanium or non-metallic material such as fibrous insulation according to product specifications.
- Layout and mark dimensions and reference on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls and routers, to cut, bend, block and form, or straighten materials.
- Shape metal material using jigs and fixtures.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces.
- Weld, solder, bolt, rivet, screw, clip or bond component parts to assemble products
- Repair and maintain sheet metal products
- Inspect products for compliance with specifications and quality requirements.
- Reinstate the work area following engineering activities
- Expected to work on customer sites as required, with minimum supervision
- Development of sheet metal templates from customer requirements
- Highly skilled craft operative
- Experienced operator of Treaple guillotine, folders and hand jennys, as well as pedestal drills
- Experienced hand tool operator, including tinsnips, nibblers, hand shears, grinders/cutters, linishers and hand drills
- Knowledge of riveting and welding
- Theoretical knowledge and practical ability to carry out work within specified Business Uni
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use Vernier measuring equipment
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4 year apprenticeship in Fabrication and Welding (NVQ Level 3)
- Time served
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.