HGV Class 1 (Silo/Tank Installer)-Full time-Perm
LOCATION: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
JOB TITLE: HGV Class 1 (Silo/Tank Installer)
SALARY & BENEFITS: £ Negotiable dependant on experience
WORKING HOURS: Temporary to Permanent, 40 hour week, Monday to Friday (possible nights out)
THE COMPANY: HGV Class 1 (Silo/Tank Installer)-Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Our Client, based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, is Europe’s leading manufacturer of GRP Silo’s and tanks. Being established for over 50 years, this family-run company are a market leader in their field.
THE ROLE: HGV Class 1 (Silo/Tank Installer)-Barnsley, South Yorkshire
As an LGV / HGV Class 1 Driver, you will be responsible for operating transport vehicles as directed by the Manager. Performing loading and unloading of Silo’s/Tanks, delivering/installing Nationwide or other duties as directed by the manager in accordance with specified training and competency measures.
Key Responsibilities:- HGV Class 1 (Silo/Tank Installer)-Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- To carry out regular vehicle checks as per company procedures/legal requirements.
- To make deliveries in an efficient and safe manner.
- To ensure all legal documentation is signed and correct before leaving the customer's premises.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required at depot
*Please note this is not an extensive list of your potential day to day duties*
THE CANDIDATE: HGV Class 1 (Silo/Tank Installer)-Barnsley, South Yorkshire
The ideal candidate MUST have the driving entitlement to drive class 1 vehicles. You must also hold a valid CPC qualification. Experience of offloading and installing Silos/Tanks or similar is desirable, but not essential as full training can be given to the right candidate. The successful candidate will have the ability to promote team work, flexibility, enthusiasm and determination to ensure the success of the team. The candidate must be able to effectively communicate with other members of the team.
Key skills and experience:- HGV Class 1 (Silo/Tank Installer)-Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- LGV Class 1 licence.
- Valid CPC qualification.
- Previous experience with abnormal loads.
- Previous experience of working with drawbar trailers.
- Previous experience of offloading and installing Silos/Tanks or similar is advantageous but not essential.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure when deliveries are off the beaten track.
- Customer focused with a professional appearance/attitude.
- Methodical and thorough approach to work.
Does this sound like you?...
If the answer is yes please hit the “Apply Now” button today.
You will be forwarded an online application form to further strengthen your application and we will respond to you in due course. Good Luck...
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.