Sheet Metal Worker
We are recruiting for a Sheet Metal Worker near to Accrington.
As a Sheet Metal Worker you will need to have:
- You must have excellent MIG and TIG welding experience especially with welding Stainless Steel to an extremely high standard
- You must be Time Served - Qualified to City & Guilds Parts 1,2 & 3 in Fabrication and Welding (or equivalent NVQ)
- You will be able to take measurements/mark out, drill/cut materials to size by burning, disc cutting or by machine
- You will need experience in metal dressing to a high standard (grinding, sanding and polishing.)
- You must be able to independently read engineering drawings and work with minimal supervision.
- You must own your own hand tools
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in working with Stainless steel , you must also be fully conversant in light to medium fabrications
- You must also be skilled in operating general sheet metal hand power tools and machines.
Details of Sheet Metal Worker job
Salary:£24,700 a year (plus overtime available)
Location: Near to Accrington
Working Hours : Monday to Friday day shift
Role of a Sheet Metal Worker
- Sheet metal work and fabrication in various gauge metals(light to medium). You will be fabricating various stainless steel and mild steel products
- MIG and TIG welding (predominately Stainless Steel)
- Cutting and folding and other metal forming techniques.
- Interpreting engineering drawings of varying quality and intelligibility.
- Work to deadlines
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Be prepared to learn new skills.
If you are interested in the above Sheet Metal Worker role please click apply.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.