Senior CAD Technician
Senior CAD Technician - Birmingham
Our Birmingham Ground Engineering team currently has a vacancy for a Senior CAD Technician with extensive experience of producing drawings and of 3D modelling for large infrastructure projects.
Nationally our Ground Engineering team comprises some 200 staff and provides one-stop access to services ranging from project management, feasibility studies, detailed design, contract administration and construction supervision for geotechnical works.
We work for leading UK clients on an impressive portfolio of projects, including Hinkley C nuclear power station, Crossrail, Thames Tideway, HS2, Mersey Gateway and Trafford Park Metrolink.
- Work as a member of a geotechnical consultancy design team.
- Produce drawings using the Autodesk Suite of software (AutoCAD Civils 3D), with the necessary level of detail as required for ground engineering projects at various stages of development: studies, conceptual design, detailed design and construction.
- Undertake 3D Modelling, specifically with the Autodesk Suite of software (AutoCAD Civils 3D).
- Reporting to the Design team leader you will also directly interface with other team members, from graduates to Directors.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- You will have strong development skills and the ability to develop and manage the work of others if and when required.
- You will also have the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance and to teach and develop junior staff.
- Experience in civil engineering sectors such as Ground Engineering (Earthworks, Slope Remediation Schemes, Foundations, Tunnelling), Transportation (road and rail), Land Reclamation and Development, Waste (landfill).
- Highly proficient and experienced user of AutoCAD Civil 3D to produce high quality technical drawings and details within a live project environment.
- Extensive 3D modelling experience on a variety of infrastructure projects.
- Strong understanding of civil engineering and associated best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- A keen eye for detail and a careful and accurate approach.
- Good analytical & problem solving skills essential.
- Must be self-motivated and pro-active and demonstrate ability to see things through to the end.
- Ability to be resourceful and work both independently and as part of high-performing team.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership.
Experience of some or all of the following is highly desirable but not essential:
- Understanding of UK BIM standards and workflows
- Geotechnical Databases gINT or HoleBASE
- Drafting/detailing of Structural steel / Structural concrete
- MX modelling
- Bentley Microstation.
CAD related courses (Civil Preferred)
Competitive Salary on Offer Plus Company Benefits
Posting Date: 04.01.2018
Closing Date: 01.02.2018
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.