Design Technology Technician
DT Technicians required for Schools across Leicestershire area. Temporary positions with immediate starts!
Your new company
Design Technology Technician needed for Schools across the Leicestershire area. These are temporary contracts with full time hours 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
Your new role
Some fantastic schools in Leicestershire are looking for Design Technicians to start in the new term.
This position is to provide practical support to teaching staff and students in the Design and Technology Department.
- You will be required to prepare, provide and return tools, equipment and materials as necessary to enable staff, students to function effectively, including using woodwork machinery such as bandsaw, circular saw, mitre saw, pillar drill, belt sander as well as be confident using the various hand tools essential for producing resources required for the lessons each day.
- To ensure that all workshop and practical areas, equipment, computer software and materials are kept in an operable and safe manner and ready for use by staff and students.
- You will be preparing materials prior to lessons and assisting within lessons to ensure the safe use of equipment.
- To assist technically in the use of 2D and 3D CAD programs and to be able to technically support students in classes.
- To set up examples, specific demonstrations, exemplar works in the use of CAD/CAM to support the classroom teacher.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally have previous experience working in similar role or a graduate in Art and Design will be considered. You must have excellent interpersonal skills, be confident in liaising with students and teachers and you will need to have a good understanding of relevant Health & Safety legislation.
What you'll get in return
These are temporary roles with a starting hourly rate of £8.41ph up to £10ph depending on your level of experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.