Process Support Technician
FCC Environment have a requirement for a Process Support Technician to be based at our Allington EfW facility in Kent. We need someone who can demonstrate strong leadership with the ability to build and develop strong teams and assist in the operational strategic direction of the business.
Assisting the Process Technician the role will involve the routine testing of plant and equipment to include fault diagnosis and rectification, assisting with shutdown activities within the plant and supervising general operations.
As our Process Support Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Health and Safety, ensuring that activities within the Allington plant are carried out in a safe manner
- Understanding the IPPC Permit within your job function (training provided)
- Contributing towards the team development providing input to team meetings
- Operation of various plant process cranes
- Monitoring bulk consumable stock levels and supervising bulk deliveries and loading
- Direction of people on site and dealing with telephone queries
What skills and experience will you need to be considered?
- The ability to understand some HSE legislation relevant to EFW plants
- Understanding of safe systems of work i.e. plant isolations and safety documents
- Ability to operate overhead cranes and forklift trucks and other plant (training will be provided)
- Good communication skills at all levels both verbally and written.
- Have a willingness to operate flexibly over a wide range of work areas
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Ability to undertake report writing
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
- A variety of basic maintenance skills would be advantageous.
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for our Process Support Technician role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.