Intec Recruitment Services
Senior Calibration Technician
Our client based on the outskirts of Wokingham are looking for a Senior Calibration Technician to test, calibrate, operate and repair electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, electro-hydraulic, or electronic measuring and recording instruments, apparatus, and equipment in use within the Instrument Solutions laboratory.
As a Senior Calibration Technician you will be focussing on :
- Operation of and adherence to procedures defined within the quality manual.
- The conduct of traceable & UKAS accredited calibrations under ISO 9001 & BS EN ISO/IEC 17025 quality systems, respectively (following training).
- The production of calibration and test certificates.
- Instrument fault diagnosis and some minor repairs.
- Liaising with clients—advising them on instrument use / repair / replacements.
- In‐house demonstrations of product use to customers (If required).
- The production of testing and calibration procedures using bespoke laboratory calibration management software (training will be provided).
- Assisting the internal sales desk to deal with technical queries.
- Order processing, booking in and dispatching of hire and calibration work.
- The testing, calibration and maintenance/repair of the company hire stock of instruments, Client equipment, laboratory equipment and any other associated equipment required to ensure that their performance meets established acceptance criteria.
- Preparation and packing of rental instruments prior to their hire.
- Development of process calibration and testing control systems.
- If required, occasional on‐site visits to set‐up and remove rental equipment.
- Helping in the continued conformity with the requirements contained in ISO 9001 (BSI) and ISO17025 (UKAS) through procedures defined within the Quality Manual. These are to include the maintenance of the quality system through record keeping and the testing of laboratory reference instrumentation.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous exposure and knowledge of working in a UKAS (ISO17025) accredited laboratory specifically in the field of electrical calibrations (Essential)
- Knowledge of the production of uncertainty budgets (Desirable).
- BTEC in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Methodical with a practical ability including diagnostic skills (Essential).
- A good communicator—both written and verbal (Essential).
- Numerate and literate as the work involves rudimentary calculations and a significant amount of written materials.
- PC literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
- Use of specialist laboratory software packages such as LabView or IndySo.
- Ability to work unsupervised to meet deadlines (Essential).
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.