HORIBA MIRA is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defence, aerospace and rail sectors. We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
With over 70 years’ experience in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
The combination of our Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) engineering experts and our extensive range of state-of-the-art test facilities, means that we are a world-leader in engineering design, test and consultancy. With the rapid growth in automated vehicle systems, complex powertrains and wireless technologies our EMC engineering services provide excellent career opportunities.
Title of Job:
Test Technician/Engineer (on shift)
Technician / Engineer
(depending on experience and qualifications)
£26 - £34k depending on experience
42.5 hours per week (8.5 hours per day)
Shift premiums payable on base salary
Reason for Vacancy:
Replacement due to promotion
Component Delivery Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for performing EMC testing on a wide variety of automotive components and sub systems in accordance with various international standards and vehicle manufacturer (VM) test specifications.
Working within the Component Delivery Team you will ensure tests are delivered to schedule and to HORIBA-MIRA quality standards
Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Testing automotive / electrical components in EMC or Electrical Laboratories
- Detailed reviews of test specifications and test plans (prior to and during test)
- Executing the tests in accordance with H-M procedures
- Maintain detailed and accurate log books and test records
- Perform quality checks and data analysis on test output
- Customer liaison
- Project manager liaison
- DUT set up and strip down
- Support double or triple shift rotas (pattern rotates each week)
- 3-5 GCSEs
- ONC/D (BTEC Level 3) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- HNC/D (BTEC Level 4) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Related qualification
- Equivalent time served experience
- Electrical Engineering background
- Good communication/interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work with detailed technical documentation
- Familiar with use of various test equipment (oscilloscopes, voltmeters, signal generators, RF receivers)
- Automotive electrical background
- EMC/RF experience
- Shift work
What is the candidate likely to be doing now?
- Finishing apprenticeship in relevant industry
- Working in an electrical workshop / test environment
- EMC Test Technician/Engineer at an EMC Laboratory
- Shift work is a prerequisite and flexible working may be required
- Full driving license prerequisite
- Military clearance may be required
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.