CHAMP Cargosystems UK Ltd
Senior Software Engineer
Division:Global Products / Software Development
Reports to:Software Development Team Lead
You will be working for a worldwide leading Company in a dynamic and challenging international environment servicing the Air Transport Industry. CHAMP is responsible for delivering 300 Million Messages Annually, ensuring 20 Million Shipments meet their destination, 3000+ Cargo Forwarders are connected through over 1500 stations in over 100 countries. Our clients are some of the largest and most successful Cargo Airlines, Handlers and Forwarders globally.
You will benefit from the company's continuous investment in staff and product technologies. Your career evolution will be driven by your performance and the company's expansion.
You will be responsible for development and maintenance work & support on CHAMPS Cargospot product. The Cargospot product is based on Java and CrystalReports technologies.The place of employment is CHAMP Cargosystems’ offices in Hayes, Middlesex, close to London Heathrow airport, and in walking distance of local transport. Free car parking is available on-site.
- Being responsible for maintenance and development on the Cargospot application
- Analyse the technical request coming from the customer via Customers Services or Sales
- Ensure solutions are documented, approved and supported by our hosting suppliers or CHAMP Technology Services organization
- Provide level 2-3 technical support for the mentioned solutions
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Management or similar
- Relevant work experience as a Software Engineer in a similar role
- Practical experience of the main IT processes: requirements management, development, integration, support, maintenance
- Specific requirements:
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of object oriented Java development
- Solid knowledge distributed Java development using EJB and web technologies
- Excellent knowledge of commonly used design patterns and refactoring practices
- Sound knowledge and experience with Object Orientated programming
- Knowledge of modeling with UML
- Analysis and Design practices in general
- Solid experience in database programming in Oracle and MSSQL environments
- Profound knowledge of an IDE tool (preferably Eclipse)
- Experience in working within Windows and UNIX environments
- Knowledge of Angular2, mobile development, Ionic and Hibernate is nice to have
- Good experience in Agile software development practices such Scrum or Kanban is a plus
- Knowledge on Crystal or Jasper reports
- Cargo / airline / freight management experience
- Flexible, dynamic and creative
- Willing to participate in an “out of hours” support schedule (Call out).
- A hands-on problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Clearly client-oriented with a strong focus on quality and efficiency
- Well established organization, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to coach less experienced developers
- Open-minded team player who provides creative, efficient and pragmatic solutions for given issues
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory; French, German and other languages will be an asset
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.