Principal Resourcing are now looking to recruit an experienced Design Technology Technician to work within one of our schools in Pocklington. The post is fulltime starting ASAP and be for a minimum of 1 term.
You will be required to assist in the efficient running of the Technology Department and to play a crucial role in supporting and directly improving students learning experiences in the department. You will also work under your own initiative and apply a degree of decision making within established working practices.
You will be supporting the teaching in the Technology Department and arrange Teacher demonstrations, student practical work and participate in practical examination reward including laser cutting.
You will be responsible of distributing practical materials to the appropriate classrooms will also be a key part of this role, also ensuring a clear, clean working environment and safe storage of used practical materials as well as maintaining a stock inventory. You will also be required to liaise with the Head of Department regarding stock levels, stock requisitions and checking deliveries as appropriate.
Please read the below criteria and if you feel you are suited to working with us then we look forward to receiving your CV.
Responsibilities to also include:
- To set up and assist staff in the use of equipment, power tools and fixed machines and support teaching as and when needed. To ensure machine tools (including CNC) are checked daily and health and safety procedure is followed logging faults/hazards and reporting as necessary.
- To ensure all hand tools are in a good state of repair, carrying out all servicing and maintenance to maintain in good condition.
· Assist in the production of risk assessments and maintain Health & Safety data sheets and COSHH records including liaising with the relevant persons.
· To ensure safe storage of tools and equipment, including checking equipment and liaising with staff and subject leader on any shortfalls or future requirements.
· To support the development and delivery of Computer Aided Design and Manufacture with the aid of CAD software, CNC laser cutter, mill, lathe and 3D printer. Including training department staff as well as undergoing training on new equipment.
Principal Resourcing requirements:
· Post 16 educational qualifications, NVQ Level II or experience in a similar role is required.
· Further Art & Design or Technology Qualification.
· You should have a good common sense approach and the ability to work on own initiative.
· Confident and positive approach to working with children.
· Are pro-active team members, committed to raising standards and achievement.
· Keen to learn and develop professionally.
· Experience of using behaviour management strategies and techniques with young people.
· Evidence of having held a position of responsibility within a work place environment.
· Up to date certification for machines.
· Have a passion for education.
· A current DBS registered with the Update Service or a DBS done through Principal Resourcing.
For all applicants we offer:
· Highly supportive, committed and hardworking Consultants who will endeavour to find assignments suited to your needs specific to your Local Authority.
· An opportunity to extend your professional development with FREE iTOL accredited CPD courses available.
· A stimulating and supportive working and learning environment.
· Rewarding and competitive rates of pay.
· A great range of opportunities to work in a variety of local schools of your choice.
· ‘Recommend a Friend’ bonus.
· A wealth of Education experience in branch to provide you with industry knowledge, career advice and CV assistance.
90% of your local Secondary Schools, Academies and Colleges in Hull and East Riding choose Principal Resourcing, whose Head Office is based in the centre of Hull as their preferred supplier and first port of call for day to day and long term placements. 65% of those are signed in to preferred supplier agreements due to our continued service and quality of teaching staffwith other Schools, Academies and Colleges signing every month.
Principal Resourcing is an Education Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003.
Principal Resourcing is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including an enhanced DBS check and references.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please apply now with your CV and our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.