Grounds/Horticultural Maintenance Technician
Grounds/Horticultural Maintenance Technician required for preparation and maintenance of outdoor areas. Working as part of a small team this permanent vacancy offers the opportunity to fulfil a varied, responsible role in a beautiful and tranquil setting. Duties will include:
· Soil cultivation and preparation
· Planting, sowing, potting, weeding and irrigation
· Application of knowledge of the requirements for the cultivation of a range of horticultural crops
· Implementation of rolling weed control and horticultural cleanliness throughout the year
· Planning and organising of preparation of sites appropriate to annual needs
· Recording details of site preparation and maintenance
· Organising the maintenance of machinery and site preparation equipment
· Manage maintenance staff during peak season
· Manage EH&S, ensuring all work is carried out safely according to company policies
Applicants must have considerable previous experience in horticultural grounds maintenance / green-keeping with good plant and disease identification ability. Qualifications in agronomy and/or horticulture are preferred and PA1, PA2 and PA6 are essential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a stable and renowned employer who can offer an excellent salary and benefits package including pension, healthcare and more. Hours 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday plus overtime.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.