Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 a year
An excellent opportunity has now arisen for a CAD Technician to join our team, working within the high-end joinery and fit out industry on a full time permanent basis.
The role will involve supporting the senior design managers in coordinating the full design, manufacture and installation of projects, with opportunities to oversee the process from start to finish. You will be working on high profile projects within the commercial interior fit out sector.
Martek is a fast-growing specialist joinery manufacturer and fit out contractor, we have an enviable reputation for the quality of our products, the skills of our workshop and site based teams and it is the place to work if you are ambitious and motivated.
About the CAD Technician:
• Liaise with project and contracts managers to plan overall production activity and daily manufacturing requirements.
• Work with approved drawings to create production drawings
• Utilize manufacturing software packages to program product to run through our manufacturing processes
• Work with Project Managers to coordinate field requirements
• Refine engineering detail and assembly documentation for manufacturing
• Have a thorough understanding of joinery production and installation processes
• Co-ordinate jobs throughout the setting-out process into manufacture
• Opportunity to become involved in the manufacturing and installation phases on specific projects.
Requirements of the CAD Technician:
• A thorough knowledge of joinery and furniture manufacture
• Ideally a carpentry related degree/qualification
• Familiar with typical millwork manufacturing
• Familiar with CNC programming
• Good written & verbal communication skills (able to accurately convey concepts and designs to fabricators & clients)
• Experience with the following software packages: AutoCad, 3D Design Software, Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Excel, Word, etc)
This position will largely be based at Martek’s head office in New Addington, with occasional visits to site. As an equal opportunities employer - IIP accredited, Martek will provide you with skills development and the chance to take your career to the next level.
If you have good skills, want to work in a busy and exciting environment and have a keen desire to work for a great company - apply today.
To gain a better understanding of the type of projects we get involved with, please explore our website.
If you have good skills, want to work in a busy and exciting environment and have a keen desire to work for a great company as their CAD Technician then please apply today!
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.