· Ensure team outputs satisfy delivery, quality, cost and quantity requirements and lead continuous improvement activities, e.g. minimise re-work
· Ensure key process/sub process activities are defined, documented and understood by the team. This to include dealing with abnormal work content.
· Establish man hours reporting and monitoring for each product/project, such that actual hours can be assessed against planned and budgeted hours as a minimum. Plan and schedule all team and equipment resources, on a daily and weekly basis in accordance with the production plan
· Implement a culture of continuous improvement through process reviews, critical path analysis, flow controls and other production management techniques, such that targets can be continuous improved upon.
· Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of maintenance information of all operational data generated on their shift. Ensure team members report relevant work activity information through appropriate systems (including computer systems e.g. SAP)
· Manage the implementation of in-process checks and any required corrective actions.
· Optimise use of materials to minimise waste and report usage.
· Ensure effective external support to the team from core business functions, I.e. HR, Quality Assurance, Site Services, Finance, and Commercial, through the support of the Production Manager
· Establish and periodically re-assess team member competence to undertake key tasks and takes action where necessary. Including testing and movement of vehicles.
· Ensure all team members understand their roles, responsibilities and performance objectives.
· Lead and motivate the team.
· Take disciplinary actions where necessary.
· Develop the team and team members to ensure the right mix of skills, knowledge and attitudes and encourage development of team members.
· Manage absenteeism, and capture all necessary information on the Time and Attendance System on a daily basis ensuring exceptions are cleared
· Manage Health, safety and environmental matters, including housekeeping to ensure a safe working environment.
· Ensure all required risk assessments, working instructions and relevant COSHH approvals are in place, and signed off by staff where applicable.
· Ensure optimum use is made of capital equipment.
· Ensure work undertaken has been authorised by the customer.
· Assume the role of Production Manager when requested
Education Requirements/Person Specification:
Ideally apprentice trained with relevant production experience in an engineering environment
NVQ Level 3 or higher
Knowledge of MRP system and SAP
Organisation, Communication, Influencing and decision making skills
People management experience
Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques