Mechanical and Electrical Services Design Technician
Fairhome Group is a rapidly growing business that specialises in the purchase of land / buildings which the business then develops and makes into specialist facilities within the care sector, mainly for people with physical, mental or learning disabilities. These buildings are multi-use and of substantial size and value, and are sold on to local authorities or private corporations. Fairhome also offer a full range of facilities management services once buildings are sold on, so almost a seamless one stop shop for the sector.
There is a real family feel at Fairhome, employees are valued and looked after, so along with regular benefits you will have access to superb facilities onsite including a fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities. You’ll be working from modern offices with a welcoming working environment, and if that’s not enough, complimentary cake and refreshments are always available.
What will this role of Mechanical and Electrical Services Design Technician entail?
You will provide technical drawings of mechanical, electrical, public health services and utilities, for care home refurbishments and new builds consisting of schematics, and existing and proposed general arrangement layout drawings of:
• Incoming utility services site plans/general arrangements: mains cold water, gas and electricity supplies
• Heating, ventilation and air conditioning
• Hot and cold-water services and above ground drainage
• General power and fire alarms
• Lighting and emergency lighting
• Fire suppression systems
• TV, phone and data, Door Access Systems and CCTV
Other tasks will include;
• Drawing management and document control of mechanical and electrical designs
• Liaising with site teams and external M&E consultants, as required
• Assisting with utility applications and other tasks related to building services works under the guidance of the M&E Advisor
• Understanding Registered Provider/Care Provider/Client and cross-disciplinary design requirements
What will I need in order to be considered for this Mechanical and Electrical Services Design Technician vacancy?
• Proven experience as an M&E Services Technician
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD MEP and Autodesk Revit MEP accompanied by appropriate training / qualification
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• High level of literacy and attention to detail
• Superb analysis and problem-solving skills
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of an ambitious business that has exciting growth plans, with excellent career development opportunities.
Salary: £25,000 to £36,000 level dependent on experience
Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, fully expensed restaurant, bar, gym and leisure facilities.
Location: Working from prestigious offices in Salford Quays, Greater Manchester. Although occasional site visits may be required across England.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full time,Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. There is potential for flexibility with start and finish times - to be agreed at interview.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Mechanical and Electrical Services Design Technicianvacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Fairhome Group. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Fairhome Group, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.