Opening date for this role: 14 March 2018
Closing date for this role: 13th April 2018
Salary: Competitive, with benefits
As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our employees contribute to a rich ecosystem by designing and developing CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions enable more than one thousand Arm partners to ship over 15 billion leading-edge Arm-powered processors each year. Arm Research plays a central role in identifying gaps in current technologies and in conducting world-leading research to fill those gaps.
You will join a small, highly motivated and multi-disciplinary team passionate about correctness, security and trust models needed by the internet of things and other emerging applications. Collaborating closely with product development teams and a large network of external researchers in both industry and academia, you will have the opportunity to shape the industry at the early stages of development. You will engage with our academic network to enable and influence creative research worldwide.
About the role
Are you a full stack Systems Software Security Engineer with experience of the design and implementation of low-level systems software with knowledge of security issues, network protocols across the complete stack cloud services like AWS and tools like Kubernetes and Docker?
We are looking for someone who is adapt to close-to-the-metal and has deep understanding of the hardware/software interface. In particular, be familiar with the impact of architecture and microarchitecture on your software (and, in turn, the impact of your software on components higher in the system stack).
You will exhibit real-world experience of systems programming (such as firmware, kernel or device driver development) and have experience building related tools and infrastructure. You are passionate about designing, building and securing cloud services, network protocols and API interfaces.
You will be working on security of novel architectures and next-generation computing systems, cloud services and design, implement and support prototypes, tools, and infrastructure.
You will have a bachelor degree or better in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related area, or equivalent experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- To be successful in this role, you will have proven experience in designing and implementing low-level systems code.
- Experience with Linux, Docker and Kubernetes and with maintaining at least small scale cloud deployments.
- Excellent Haskell and C/C++ knowledge with excellent experience with GIT and strong security background and penetration testing experience and vulnerability scanners.
- Strong experience in elliptic curve cryptography, the TLS protocol and Certificate Authorities is needed for this role.
- Experience with contemporary cryptography and an active interest in and awareness of security issues and security implications of common software patterns.
- You should have experience with Arm assembly language, disassemblers and reverse engineering (Radare2, IDA Pro etc.) and have expert debugging & analytical skills.Excellent software engineering skills including working with version control, code review, continuous integration, bug trackers, and related toolsYou will enjoy working in team and hae outstanding communication and social skills.
- Knowledge of architectural, micro-architectural and system on chip concepts such as cache hierarchies, hardware debuggers, etc o General Database & SQL experience.
- Familiarity with the Arm architecture and the Arm Architecture Specification Language (ASL) and an interest in programming languages and their effect on security and safety.
- You should have worked on open source projects such as the Linux kernel, u-boot, LLVM, etc and have a familiarity with working in a research environment
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace
‘Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK’