Inplace Personnel Limited ( Recruitment Agency)
I am currently recruiting for a Design Technician on a permanent basis as a result of continued growth with one of my key power distribution utility clients in Wakefield that specialise in delivering projects of differing sizes and scope across the UK.
The successful candidate will provide detailed and accurate estimates for Multi Utility developments, on securing the order produce detailed designs for approval.
• Design, Tender and Estimate Multi Utility quotations for customers.
• Develop gas, water and electricity design solutions for new distribution networks and extensions to existing networks.
• Conversant with the general principals of independent connections provision in water, gas and electricity sectors. For each market sector this shall include but not necessarily be limited to:
• The scope of contestable design and construction work.
• The scope of non–contestable design and construction work.
• Adopting network operator design criterion, material and installation specifications.
• Connection processes, including Point of Connection Applications, Design Approvals and Construction and Adoption frameworks.
• Required to liaise with all parties as necessary to develop a design solution. Such parties shall include but not be limited to:
• Distribution Network Operators (DNO).
• Independent Distribution Network Operators (IDNO).
• Independent Gas Transporters (IGT).
• Water Companies.
• Local Authorities.
• Good planning & organisation skills
• Time management
• Interpreting Information
• Good Team Working
• Quality Control
Qualifications & Attributes
Experience in design (at least one of the following areas: electricity, gas or water distribution networks, training will be provided), tendering and estimating and the ability to interface with clients.
In return my client offers a competitive salary (dependant on experience), Money Purchase Pension Scheme and 25 Days Holiday.
Applications – Please contact Corey Spencer on 07908 473019 & email a current CV to
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.