CAD Technician - Technology
CAD Technician- Technology (Highways)Location: West Midlands
Kier Strategic Highways are currently recruiting for a CAD Technician- Technology to join the Area 9 Highways Maintenance contract
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group with 88 UK offices and over 22,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.Key Responsibilities:
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site surveys (with a member (s) of the engineering team, data collection and analysis, preparing drawings for feasibility and Design schemes.
- Prepare drawings, using specialist software AUTOCAD.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
- Be flexible and proactive and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
- Take ownership of own career development using the Kier Highways appraisal procedures and undertake additional learning.
- Develop knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental in the workplace, ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety and Environmental responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
- Experience of relevant design software and standards and proficient in the production of engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- An interest and experience in the field of Highways technology would be beneficial.
- Other related vocational experience desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English. IT Literate.
- A team worker with good organisational, interpersonal and numerate skills.
- Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary.
- A current UK FULL driving license is desirable but not essential for the role as site visits may be required.
- Knowledge of BIM advantageous but not essential.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.Let's shape your world together.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.