Senior CAD Technician - Drainage
Job Title: Senior Drainage TechnicianReporting to: Team Manager/Team LeaderJob Purpose:
To assist with the preparation of technical solutions to engineering problems as a member of the Highways and Drainage team and as directed. This will involve developing CAD drawings for projects and directing junior Technicians and assisting to deliver drainage design schemes.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site and drainage inspections, data collection and analysis, preparing reports, identification of repair options, preparing specifications and drawings for repair schemes, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Prepare drawings, documents and use specialist software such as AUTOCAD. Provide guidance and training to junior technicians.
- Communicate with Engineers and managers in the business in relation to timescales and progress.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
- Be flexible and proactive and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
- Take ownership of own career development using the Kier Highways appraisal procedures and undertake additional learning.
- Develop knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental in the workplace, ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety and Environmental responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
- Award of or training towards HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- Experience of relevant design software and standards and proficient in the production of engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- An interest and experience in the field of drainage design and asset management
- Other related vocational experience desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English. IT Literate.
- A team worker with good organisational, interpersonal and numerate skills.
- Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary.
- A current UK FULL driving license is essential for the role as site visits will be required.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.