IT Support Technician
Location: Kent areas (Bromley, Beckenham, Maidstone, Dartford)
Salary: £25,000 per annum (Pro-Rata)
Job Type: Part time job to begin with. This IT Support Technician role will be 1 day per week + possible overtime, however as we gain more sites the hours increase until the Technician is doing 4 days per week on site when they become full time which includes a day extra to allow for issues.
Hours of work: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a one-hour lunch break (if required) but should anticipate occasionally working additional hours or through lunch to complete tasks. Working through lunch allows finishing at 4:00PM
About the company:
Our client was formed on 1st March 2000, with the principle of best value to their customers, no matter what. Since then they have upheld this mantra in supporting schools with all their IT requirements, whether this be planning and design, infrastructure, installation, support and maintenance or indeed anything else that could come under the large umbrella of IT services.
Duties of the IT Support Technician:
• Using the companies ticketing system to provide 1st and 2nd line support.
• Responsible for general user support both hardware and software across the range of the sites desktop & server applications
• Some examples of specific types of support include: general system/file or desktop user problems (passwords, files, paths, servers and printers)
• Administration and Support of the sites Windows 20xx Microsoft Windows AD Network & Servers
• Build & Deployment of system images & software
• End user education & training
• System builds on Windows 7 & 10 & MS Office 20xx Suite
• Keep inventory of hardware and software up to date (Sites Asset Regester)
• Train staff in the use of ICT within the school.
• Support the MIS system (SIMS)
• Configure and support a wide range of Audio Visual Equipment (Networked Projectors, Interactive LCD’s, Portable sound systems etc.)
• Provide support for installing, testing and configuring new software prior to user interaction
• Support mobile devices and MDM solutions including but not limited to Ipads and Chromebooks
• To provide advanced user and network support
• Initiation and escalation
• Troubleshooting network issues
• Apply a logical, systematic and resourceful approach to solving problems
• Ability to accurately document procedures and issues
Requirements of the IT Support Technician:
• Essential: At least 2 years in a technical IT role at an education establishment.
• Ideally: Experience and knowledge of the following:
• Windows 7. Windows 10, Server 2008, 2012 & 2016
• MS Office applications to 2016/Office Online
• Active Directory & Windows Group policy
• LAN & WLAN technology
• Printers, scanners and digital cameras
• PowerShell, VB, SQL
• Apple configurator/other MDM
IT Support Technician Benefits:
• 28 days holiday per annum including bank holidays (Holidays cannot normally be taken during school term time)
• Free onsite parking
• Phone provided and laptop provided
• Pension scheme
If you meet the requirements and feel that this IT Support Technician role is right for you then please apply today!