Senior Laboratory Technician - Cell Culture
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
About the Laboratory Technician role:
As Abcam continues to expand, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Laboratory Technician - Cell Culture to join the Tissue Culture Team, within the wider Custom Services department. You will play a key part in supporting the team with the isolation and manufacture of custom-made antibodies for our external customers, working with high throughput automation and specialised equipment.
About the Custom Services at Abcam:
Abcam Custom Services utilizes RabMAb® technology, our patented antibody technology, for the development of high quality rabbit monoclonals. Many pharma and biotech companies have benefited from our custom antibody development. As part of this team you will contribute to the discovery of antibodies which may be used in a wide variety of applications including IHC and in vitro diagnostics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Routinely passage suspension and hybridoma cell lines.
- Prepare specialised media, clone cell lines and support small-scale hybridoma productions.
- Document experiments and procedures by writing laboratory notebooks, presenting experimental data within internal meetings, and participate in the drafting of standard operating procedures (SOP's). Experience of barcode tracking or Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) would be an advantage.
- Contribute to new process development and technology transfer.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and regulations. Assist in developing and role modelling of a safe and efficient working environment in the Laboratory to ensure the safety of your colleagues and visitors. Ensure compliance to Laboratory SOPs and work within Abcam H & S, Ethical and Quality standards.
You are familiar with high-throughput liquid handling instruments and robotics and have got good aseptic technique.
You are a strong team player, with high attention to detail and the ability to multi task.
You will be willing and able to contribute to technology development, optimising existing processes or evaluating and implementing new processes to ensure our technology remains at the forefront of that currently used in antibody discovery.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.