EDF Energy PLC
Smart Metering Auditor (East Anglia/Cambridgeshire)
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
Smart Metering Auditor/Quality Assurance Inspector
Salary Range: £30900 per annum plus Welcome Bonus of up to £3k
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Period: Fixed Term
Location: East Anglia/Cambridgeshire
Nature and Scope
Customer Operations are responsible for all of the field based activities for Business to Consumer and Business to Business customers in Energy Sourcing and Customer Supply including existing metering, technical and emergency service work, Smart Meter deployment and Low Carbon Electricity Solutions. Thus Customers is a diverse and complex business unit. In addition Energy Field Services owns on behalf of Energy Sourcing and Customer Supply the whole of EDF’s business case for Low Carbon Energy Solutions and the delivery of the business results from Low Carbon Electricity Solutions.
* Reporting to the Quality Assurance Field District Manager, the post holder will champion Smart Metering.
* The person appointed will be customer focused and commercially aware
* To adhere to appropriate Health and Safety guidelines and support the goal of incident free performance within Smart Metering.
* To support team members within the Smart Metering Technical & Quality Assurance team both to maximise their performance and contributions to meet future needs of the business ensuring skill and knowledge sharing takes place.
* In a timely manner, carry out the Smart Metering Annual monitoring and Inspection Plan representative sample smart metering checks of peripatetic Meter Operations operatives and contractors’ work, possibly including CT level work with training.
* To provide mentoring to new metering operatives as part of their assessment and working to support the In Area team where appropriate.
* To undertake Complaint handling calls, Energy Efficiency advice and Support the Smart Metering Contract team in relation to site works completed by the Field Force Service Provider.
* To carry out any additional quality checks of dual fuel metering work such as installation issues arising from metering installations, making safe and remedial work as required
* Support Smart Metering continuous improvement in Quality Assurance.
* To carry out over the shoulder checks on peripatetic field operatives to ensure that they are carrying out metering installations to the correct training methods preferred by EDF Energy with the correct tools and equipment, and help in identifying corrective actions.
* If required, to help investigate reported hazards and advise on their resolution.
* To carry out any additional checking or investigation functions as specified by the Technical and Quality Assurance Management team.
* To be able to rectify dual fuel metering installation issues at the time of an inspection site visits to prevent unnecessary return visits.
* To retain existing single and three phase electrical metering competency and new connections, where qualified, be able to verify competency of others.
* To retain gas ACS accreditation (CCN1) and relevant modules (Met1) and be able to verify competency of others
* To contribute to the Risk Management process providing first hand experience from the field.
* To comply with EDF Energy’s Policies towards safe working, Zero Harm, A&IMS, reducing our CO2 emissions and the environment
* The above activities define what needs to be accomplished by the post holder and support the achievement of Customer Field Services Annual Health and Safety Objectives and Targets plan whilst contributing to the continual improvement and verification of good electrical and Gas works completion.
* Develop and maintain excellent working relationships both inside and outside of Smart Metering, demonstrating positive personal behaviours and leading by example to ensure effective, coordinated delivery of targets
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Knowledge Skills and Qualifications required
* Preferred qualifications are City and Guilds 236 part 1 and 2, but other qualifications of a similar nature may be considered.
* Three phase metering competent
* ACS Gas accreditation CCN1 and MET1
* Incident Investigation and statement writing
* Dual fuel Smart metering experience
* IT literate – Word and Excel
Technical and Commercial Knowledge and Skills
* Ideally have Duel Fuel experience (2-5 years)
* Able to coach and mentor new metering operatives.
* Consistently achieves successful delivery against stretching personal and team targets.
* Self motivated.
* Able to communicate with different types of people.
* Desire to succeed.
* Able to make on-site decisions.
* Demonstrate resilience whilst working under pressure.
* Analytical thinking (desirable).
* The ability to operate at a senior level.
* Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
* Ability to identify efficiency improvements for self and wider team. Strong business planning and organisational skills
* Strong numerical and analytical skills with knowledge of financial modelling.
* The ability to develop detailed robust plans to implement strategic imperatives.
* A sound understanding of the energy sector and of the regulatory requirements associated with the sector.
* A strong understanding of health and safety requirements.
* Ability to prioritise conflicting priorities and to work under pressure.
* Able to work effectively across business units with effective influencing skills and excellent negotiating skills.
* Able to challenge established approaches and embed change.
* Ability to think strategically and maximise future business opportunities.
Willing to travel as required and flexible approach to location.
Job Opportunity for EXPERIENCED DUAL FUEL INSTALLER based in East Anglia. We are recruiting for a Smart Meter Auditor/Inspector. We need the successful candidate to have great communication, customer service and dual fuel metering experience.
This role offers a guaranteed Salary of £30,900k and we will even throw in a Welcome bonus of £3k.
Company van, fuel card, uniform and many more great benefits available.
To apply :
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.