Software Engineer - TV & Radio
BBC is one of the UK’s most well-known and loved brands. The TV & Radio product teams build some of the most used products in BBC including BBC iPlayer, iPlayer Radio, Music. Our mission is to secure the Internet future of BBC.
It is an exciting time to join the team as we’ve ambitious goals to be the number one online TV and audio service in the UK. This is a place where your work impacts millions of iPlayer users every day. You will have an opportunity to work on software at a scale that is hard to find in the country.
We’re looking for passionate Software Engineers to join our fast pace cross-discipline agile team iterating on our key products. You will be a fullstack engineer tackling a wide ranges of technical challenges that drive our products forward.
• Design, develop & release working software using best practices
• Review and Pair Programme with other team members
• Learn new technologies and adapt to change
• Promote skills and knowledge sharing
What we offer in return
This is a place where your work impacts millions of users every day. You will have an opportunity to work on software at a scale that is hard to find in the country. We provide you with a great work-life balance and a competitive work package. There is also great opportunity to grow your career within the team or wider organisation.
As part of BBC TV & Radio, you will be at the heart of the Internet first BBC. You will also have the opportunity for promotion twice a year as recognition of our fast paced industry.
Our world class Academy is here to ensure you have the training needed to advance in your career from leadership training to technical training such as AWS, cloud architecture and micro-services to name a few.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Developing software using TDD/BDD techniques
- Proficient in building modern front-end interfaces
- Server-side development experience (node.js)
- Ability to rapidly acquire new software skills and to work with new technologies
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Good working knowledge of Continuous Delivery
- Experienced of agile delivery practices
- Experienced of AWS technologies
- Contributions to Open Source Software (e.g. active GitHub profile)
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.