Geotechnical Technician – Birmingham - Permanent
Our client is developing a Design Office in Birmingham to serve their other Highways England contracts as well as other local authorities and external clients.
To assist with the preparation of technical solutions to engineering problems as a member of a Geotechnical team and as directed.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
- Undertake services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site and slope inspections, data collection and analysis, preparing reports, identification of repair options, preparingspecifications and drawings for repair schemes,works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Under supervision prepare technical designs in accordance with approved design procedures and systems. Including Foundations, slopes and retaining walls.
- Prepare drawings, documents and use specialist software such as AUTOCAD.
- Be a proactive and collaborative team member, work closely with colleagues and fit seamlessly into a delivery team.
- Be flexible and proactive and liaise with other teams from other engineering disciplines.
- Take ownership of own career development using the highways appraisal procedures and undertake additional learning.
- Develop knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental in the workplace, ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety and Environmental responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
- Award of or training towards HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- Experience of relevant design software and standards and proficient in the production of engineering drawings using AutoCAD.
- An interest and experience in the field of structures or structural maintenance.
- Other related vocational experience desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written English.IT Literate.
- A team worker with good organisational, interpersonal and numerate skills.
- Able to work under own initiative and to seek advice when necessary.
- A current UK FULL driving license is essential for the role as site visits will be required.
Permanent Geotechnical Technician position in Birmingham - Autocad
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.
Or, tell us why you don't wish to apply for this job.