Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker
Due to an increase in workload, an opportunity has arisen for three experienced Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Workers to join a busy Fabrication Team, within a unique heavy engineering environment. If you think you’ve got what it takes to join one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, then read on to uncover more…
Who will I be working with?
Calder Industrial Materials is a highly reputable manufacturing company with headquarters based in Chester, with significant experience delivering high quality, tailored solutions for a wide range of customers worldwide. Calder is one of the UK’s leading building materials suppliers, delivering lead sheet and a wide range of ancillary products to builders’ merchants nationwide. In addition, Calder are also the UK’s leading specialist in lead engineering. The company designs, manufactures and installs radiation shielding and other products in the nuclear, medical and other markets.
What will this role of Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker entail?
As a Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker you’ll assist the department in the fabrication and welding of steel frames, structures, sheet metal fabrication and other miscellaneous duties required in a general fabrication job shop. Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to;
• Evaluating and interpreting drawings, sketches and other data to be used in the preparation of the product to be manufactured
• Highlighting and communicating any minor faults which may arise which may cause delay to production
• Ensuring work is carried out to exact tolerances
• Operating Power Saws and other and other sheet metal and fabrication equipment
• Carrying out bench fitting including Rivnuts, hank brushes, etc.
• Ensuring all operating conditions are correct before commencing manufacture
• Maintaining accurate records of production and any other operational data as requested by the Supervisor
• Ensuring work area is kept clean and tidy at all times
• Ensuring that health, safety and quality standards are complied with
What will I need to be considered for this Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker vacancy?
• Proven experience gained within a factory environment along with an NVQ / City & Guilds in Fabrication / Welding
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Good knowledge of fabricating and welding techniques
• Good knowledge of workshop tools; Guillotine / Spot Welder / Band Saw, Brake Press
• Ability to work well as part of a team, take direction, and work on own initiative where appropriate
• Flexible attitude
• High level of attention to detail
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Circa £24,560
Additional Benefits: Contributory pension scheme following successful probation period, healthcare
cash plan, cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, and free car parking
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Chester (Cheshire)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Fabricator / Welder / Sheet Metal Worker vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Calder Industrial Materials. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Calder Industrial Materials, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.