Role: Software Engineer
Location: Central London
Posting Date: 17/05/2018
Closing Date: 14/06/2018
Who are we?
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who epitomise our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalised health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ‘50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What do we want?
We’re looking for Software Engineers experienced in developing scalable, well-tested, and maintainable applications / microservices using any (or no) framework. You must be able to translate design and specs into beautiful, usable applications. We have a team of the best people you’d ever want to meet, working on some of the most futuristic projects. We like people who are smart, funny, innovative and tenacious, who can adapt and work together.
We are looking for great software engineers; you will be working on developing our market-leading products, in the collaborative and growing engineering teams based in our central London office. The future of our product is focused around utilising AI solutions to revolutionise how we diagnose, treat and prevent diseases; your effort will contribute heavily to the services that connect our core platforms with these services, as well as with our mobile apps and with our 3rd party technology partners.
We want a strong team member, who knows how to work within an agile team to produce high quality software. You will help us build and support great products across Babylon, in order to make healthcare affordable and accessible for everyone. Deep understanding of machine learning models and underlying theories would be a great start.
● Engineer and implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools.
● Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
● Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
● Improve resilience and performance of our systems.
● Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, or Mathematics, Physics (or similar).
● Commercial experience building complex systems using one or more of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python
● You have a deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures.
● Experience with Databases - relational and / or non-relational
● Experience working within cloud infrastructures.
● You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organisation toward a consensus.
· Experience of Apache Kafka and other distributed technologies